Sunday, March 1, 2015

DIY: $8 Crop Top

Last weekend I went out with some friends to a theme party. I didn't own any camo and the smallest lady's camo item was an XL pair of leggings. I bought the leggings thinking if all else fails I can make a head band or something... I ended up turning these pants into a crop top, for $8.
pics or it didn't happen, right?


I told my big (pictured above) about my crafty endeavor and the whole night she told everyone about how crafty I was. So I thought I would share with the Chic Greek readers.

To begin - you need a pair of leggings, I have bought XL and XXL size leggings and I think the XXL worked the best. (I'm on the larger side of a small and smaller side of a medium in shirts).
And some scissors. I like using fabric scissors, because obviously they are used for fabric. But household scissors work too.
Next, lay out the pants leg on top of leg and make sure there the seems match up 100% or you won't be happy with the results. 

 Where the crotch of the pants are, cut about 3.5-4 inches from the longest point.



And that's all it takes. It's super easy and really cheap.

If you don't like the bottom of the shirt you can cut it of, CAUTION: cutting the elastic band shrinks the shirt! Washing a shirt with the bottom cut off changes the way the shirt lays.

Also, remember to remove the tag. 

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment